A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Monday, November 15, 2010

IN GOD'S TIME


John 13:37


"Peter asked, 'Lord, why can't I follow you now? I
will lay down my life for you.'" (NIV)


"Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee
now? I will lay down my life for thy sake." (KJV)


At some point in our Christian walk, there will be a time
when we are prompted or urged by the Holy Spirit to do
something for God. It is then that we seek Him as to when
we are to proceed and then let Him orchestrate the
circumstances. Unfortunately, we tend to get ahead of God
and even dictate to Him how we are going to accomplish
His will. If we accept God's leading and wait so that we can
follow Him, He will bring circumstances to do what He has
asked of us in such perfection and completeness, we will be
astonished.


Heavenly Father, there are times when we don't let you
lead us in the things You want us to do. We push forward
in haste and we wonder why things didn't turn out right.
Forgive us for not waiting for You and listening so that we
know You have gotten things ready to accomplish Your
will, not ours. We pray in Jesus' name. Amen


     
©2010

Daily Grace

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thank you Bobbi for this profound truth about God's timing in a believers life. There have been many times I have rushed ahead, thinking I could do thing on my own, only to find out that God wasn't ready yet.

I have been praying lately for patients and believe God is now working to help me out. Blessings, Lloyd

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,