A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Saturday, May 1, 2010

WRECKLESS VS WISE WORDS


If we speak to one another without thought or without being careful what we are saying, we are in danger of hurting, disheartening, and crushing others. Only the wise person is careful when speaking and God honors the words of the wise by bringing forth healing to those who hear.

Heavenly Father, please teach us to be wise when we speak so that we will build up with healing and not cause pain and destruction to others. In Jesus' name.

Read Proverbs 12:18

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." (NIV)

"There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health." (KJV)
     
©2010

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Lord help me to think before I speak. Great post Shrink. Blessings.

Jeanette Levellie said...

We are studying a book in our Sunday school class called, "Me and my big Mouth," and it helps us be aware of our words more than ever.
Great post!

Geoff Maritz said...

All I can say is that if I were wise I wouldn't need forgiveness and Jesus in my life. Oh how I wish I were wise all the time but alas I'm not.
God bless you.

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,