A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Monday, May 3, 2010

THIS IS THE WAY



If we are trusting the Lord in spite of trials and bitter circumstances, He will allow us to recognize His voice. It may be through His Word, or through those who are wise in His Word. It might be through that still small voice within or through the circumstances themselves. No matter where we are, we will be able to hear God's voice directing our steps.

Heavenly Father, give us the grace we need to trust and wait for Your direction. Help us to hear Your voice whenever and however you speak. In Jesus' Name

Read Isaiah 30:20,21

"Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it." (NIV)

"And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." (KJV)

©2010

3 comments:

Geoff Maritz said...

How I wish that I could realy hear his voice more often. It's when I'm following his voice that syccess comes. Your will oh Lord not mine. God bless you.

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Geoff, I share the same desire to hear God's voice more. I know the noise of the world gets very loud and if I can get to my prayer closet, which is anywhere I can get the world blocked out, I will hear Him. I need to practice that more. I'm sure God wants me to hear Him and I'm too distracted. We are a work in progress Geoff, but He is making us, that means everything. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

God often uses my wife speak to me and it's not always in a still small voice. More often than not it's with a frying pan over my hard head.

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,