A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Friday, November 4, 2011

FRIENDS OF GOD

 
John 15:15


"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." NIV


"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you," KJV


Have we really stopped to think about the wonderful privilege we have of our Lord Jesus Christ calling us friends? Friends are those close to us that share the things of life, the experiences we have, and spend time with us. We share with them our thoughts and dreams. Remember, Jesus became one of us. He became close to us in our limited human ways. He understands our strengths and weaknesses. He identified Himself with us. From that time on, we were no longer merely His servants for His use to accomplish His will. We are His friends. What an awesome privilege.


Heavenly Father, please help us to always remember that You consider us Your friends. You have laid down Your life for us and Your love for us never ceases. Oh how we pray that we will accept this wonderful gift of being a friend with You. In Jesus' name, Amen.


           
©2011
Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

2 comments:

Geoff Maritz said...

Sometimes it is hard to remember that we have friends but to forget that we have a friend in Jesus takes a little extra. That is probably the one thing that has helped me most when dealing with struggles in my life, knowing that Jesus is a friend and he calls me his friend. I don't have many of those but that's OK, Jesus likes me.
Thanks for this post, it reminded me that Jesus spends his precious time with me.
god bless, Geoff.

Charlotte said...

You're right, Dr. Bobbi. How much better it is to be His friend than just His servant. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.
Blessings,
Charlotte

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,