A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Saturday, October 8, 2011

THINK BEFORE WE SPEAK

 
Psalm 19:14


"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock ad my Redeemer." NIV


"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." KJV


We have all had times during conversation with friends or acquaintances where we blurted out something that we later regretted. Likewise, we have had thoughts that, if made public, would put us to shame knowing others knew what we were thinking. As human beings, we can't always help the things that come into our mind, but we can, use the gift of self-control to reject thoughts and words that displease God and hinder our testimony as Christians. If we allow the Holy Spirit to work in us, we will let Him filter our thoughts and allow us to think before we speak.


Heavenly Father, how blessed we are to have the precious Holy Spirit who showers us with the gift of self-control. Help us to accept this gift and use it so that You may be pleased and others will see You through us. We pray in Jesus' name, Amen.


           
©2011
Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have greatly enjoyed perusing through your blogs!! It is so true ~ that Jesus did not leave us to deal with our fallen nature, on our own ~ the wonderful Holy Spirit changes us, our thinking, our hearts...."not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit".....praise God!! Thank you for the visit at my place ~ I greatly appreciated your input! Much love ~ alice

betty said...

I am reminded of the fact that there is so much scripture written about controlling the tongue; words can heal, but words can hurt; I hope I speak words that always encourage and are uplighting, though I know I fail miserably at times

good reminder to keep pursuting through the Holy Spirit to have self control in all aspects of our lives!

betty

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I can relate to this...My mouth spits stuff out after I think about it too many times. :( Happy Thanksgiving Bobbi.

Gayle said...

Amen! I am guilty more than I care to admit it!

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,