A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Friday, August 3, 2012

HOLY SEARCH WARRANT

 
Psalm 139: 23,24


"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." NIV


"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." KJV


Asking God to search our hearts and see if there is anything there that should not be there is like getting a search warrant for the police to search our home for anything illegal. God will search every tiny crack and crevice of our hearts so that He can reveal to us the things with which we need to take care. We tend to be in denial of our anxieties and offensive ways. By allowing God to search us in this way, we are purifying our hearts so that the Holy Spirit has a spotless home within us.


Heavenly Father, we do ask that You search our hearts and help us to accept and change anything You find that is not pleasing to You. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.


           
©2011
Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC
No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only

2 comments:

Sherry Southard said...

Amen, if there is anything preventing me to stand close to Jesus I want to know about it. Search me Lord, always.

Charlotte said...

This is my prayer too, Dr. Bobbi. It should be the prayer of every believer.
Blessings,
Charlotte

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,