A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Thursday, June 2, 2011

FAITH AND WORKS

 
James 2:26
"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." NIV


"For the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without words is dead also." KJV


We know that we are not saved by works, but by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The thing is, faith is a living and active state of being. Faith will always produce actions that reflect our faith. Faith naturally flows into action because it is driven by the power of the living God.


Heavenly Father, we know we are saved from sin to eternal life through the blood of Jesus Christ. We know, too, that our faith is living and that our faith will be revealed in the things we think, say, and do. Help us to have living and active faith. In Jesus' name, Amen.


           
©2011
Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC

2 comments:

Clint said...

This has always been a troubling verse. I have heard it explained away many times, but when James said "Show me your works", it created a belief that, for example, a wealthy person can buy his way into heaven; or an unbeliever can perform a good work and attain heaven.

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Clint, if I told my husband I loved him, but I never showed him that I loved him, I went around doing my own thing, never talked with him, never touched him, he would not believe I really loved him. And if I acted like that I probably don't. I do love him and as a natural outflow of that love I do little things that make him feel special, I touch him gently, talk with him about everything, spend time wtih him, etc. That's the way our faith in God works. We can say we have faith, but unless it shows, by its natural outflow, we don't really have faith. True faith is obvious from the things it automatically produces in our actions. Hope that helps Clint

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,