A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

LOVE, OBEDIENCE, AND JOY


John 15: 9-11



"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." ESV


The Lord loves us as the Father loves Him. We are to stay abiding in His love. To stay abiding in His love, we will obey what He tells us to do just as He obeyed the Father. If we obey Him, we will be complete and filled with His joy. His joy is what allows us to be able to stand firm in this life.


Heavenly Father, we stand in need of Your grace to be obedient and to walk in Your love as You have commanded us. Give us an unquenchable hunger to love and obey as Christ did so that we will have Your joy that gives us all the strength we need. In Jesus' precious name we pray, Amen.


        


©2013
Daily Grace



Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC

No Copyright Infringement Intended
Personal Use Only


No comments:

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,