A concise daily devotional developed to
encourage reading and understanding of God's Word.


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better." Ephesians 1:17 (NIV)

*In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C., Section 107, any copyrighted images in these messages are distributed under The Fair Use Act without profit or payment to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the information and are for non-profit research and are for non-profit research and education. No copyright infringement intended.


Saturday, July 30, 2011

WHY ARE YOU SO DOWN?

 
Psalm 43:5


"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." NIV


"Why are thou cast down O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." KJV


We can all identify with that down and frustrated feeling. Tribulations and ungodly people may cause us to become downcast. If we allow ourselves to keep mentally rehearsing our desperate state, we will find ourselves getting further from God. We may begin to blame Him for our sorrows. When we find ourselves depressed and despairing, let's begin to praise God for all His unending mercy and because of His great love toward us.


Heavenly Father, we know ups and downs will occur in our lives because we live in a cursed world. Forgive us for getting snagged in the despairing times, causing us sadness and hopelessness. Put within us the Spirit of praise and worship to You during these times so that we will rise above them and find peace and joy in Your presence. In Jesus' name, Amen.


           
©2011
Daily Grace
Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC

3 comments:

Clint said...

Amen.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. TY. AMEN!
Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Lisa notes... said...

This is the second time I've come across those scriptures today, and they mean even more to me now. I need them. I need Him...

type='©2008-2014 Daily Grace Bobbi Craigmyle, Psy.D., BCPCC http://insidetheshrink-dailygrace.blogspot.com/ No Copyright Infringement Intended Personal Use Only,